Welcome to Al's blog

Alistair started ABA-design 21 years ago. Now you can enjoy insights from our guru.

Wednesday 22 June 2011

Inspiring Shapes


The Chapelle du Rosaire de Vence in the South of France is just extraordinary. It’s so beautiful because, of all the original drawings that Matisse did, those of the crucifixion in charcoal are incredible. You then have the most amazing priest’s robes, which are beautifully embroidered, and then he designed this extraordinary stained glass windows and it’s just amazing. Very small, very intimate, but fabulous.

When I started out as an art student I had three weeks in America. I travelled to New York and went to the Guggenheim Museum. That’s when I just fell in love with architecture and buildings. I remember walking up this helix and suddenly finding myself at the top and realising what genius it was. I can recall looking down the amazing vistas of steps like it was yesterday. Stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment